We started in Brussels
Updated: Sep 8, 2020
What is a better way of beginning a new Erasmus+ cooperation than visiting the "capital" of Europe - Brussels. With all the EU institutions, we couldn't find a place, where we could learn more about the EU. The visits we did, were as follows:
- Visit to the Parliamentarium - a self guided tour, to understand the history and work of the
- Talk at Parliament by Danish Public Speaker and Lecturer, Olav Gade, who spoke in general about the connection between the EU institutions. We also went to see the Plenary Chamber.
- Talk at the European Economic and Social Committee, by press officer Katerina Serifi. We were introduced to the work of the committee, which was very educative, as none of us really knew their work. We also met Vice President Mrs. Isabel Cone.
- Guided tour at the House of European History. We were guided through the temporary exhibition on the "Restless youth", as it is the youth we teach at our schools
- Meeting with policy advisor at LIBE, Tom Feeley (from Renew Europe), who spoke about how they work with the topic of refugees and migrants within the EU, among other things border controls. We also had a small chat about Brexit.